Wednesday, December 7, 2011

November 28th-December 7th




Julie wraps a rolled slab around a cardboard ice cream container to make a planter.

A cute visitor from USU came to finish some pieces for Christmas.
Making magnets and ornaments.
Do I need to eat this hippo?

One of my freshly thrown vases.
Ronda Hinrichsen, Me, and Marie Higgins together at The Book Table

At the Winter Gift Market. It was fun and went well.
Monday night in the studio.

A grandmother helping her granddaughter
Making a turtle.

Making a snail

Making a hippo.

Making a pig.

Making a dog.


The row of animals made in Monday Night Studio.
It's always better to be too busy than not busy enough when it comes to the pottery business. This last week was one of those times when I had a little more going on than I could comfortably do well. I finished work for the Winter Gift Market and taught a few classes. And I did a book signing at The Book Table for Sun Tunnels and Secrets and Just Shy of Paradise. Here's some highlights. While being a part of the Winter Gift Market at the Bullen Arts Center in Logan I also ran next door to The Book Table to be part of their Midnight Madness Sale to represent and sign my books. The market went Friday night and all day Saturday.  In the studio I had three classes. In my Wednesday class we finished everything up and glazed the pottery. And in the Monday classes we continued to make pottery, sculptures, magnets, and Christmas ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment